The USB-C to Ethernet Adapter is designed to work with the computers and smart devices that have USB-C ports that supports data (most of them should be USB 3.2 or USB 3.1, some of the phone may only get USB 2.0 speed). This lets you connect to a network using a wired Ethernet cable.
YES, the product names can be difference. You heard one of the followings: USB Type C to Ethernet Adapter, or USB C to Ethernet adapter, or RJ45 to USB C Adapter, or LAN to USB-C Adapter, things like that.
They all indicate a product that is male USB-C in one end and female Ethernet is on the other end. This item can lets you connect to a network using a wired Ethernet cable on your USB C device which supports data.
YES. Since the USB-C connectors and cables connect to both hosts and devices, replacing various electrical connectors including USB-B and USB-A, HDMI, DisplayPort, and 3.5 mm audio cables and connectors, which contains the Ethernet protocol.
Things to prepare:
· USB Type-C to RJ45 Adapter,
· RJ45 Cable/internet cable
· Router (with Internet)
1. Plug the Rj45 cable to the router.
2. Connect the Rj45 cable to the adapter.
3. Connect the adapter to your phone (with USB C Port that supply OTG).
4. Now check the notification and if you see the "Ethernet cable connected" on your phone, then set up the configuration.
4.1. If not, you have to go to Setting -> Connections -> More connections settings -> Ethernet -> Configure Ethernet device. Before connecting the device, you have to configure, otherwise, you can not figure the device's IP address. Recommend choosing the DHCP, with auto-config -> None.
5. Then enable the Ethernet. (Don't forget to turn off your mobile data.)
6. Next, check the indicators on the adapter if it is blinking.
Finally, you are good to go.
Step 1. Connect the adapter to the USB C port on your MBP.
Step 2. Connect an Ethernet Cable to the Adapter(recommend CAT6 or above).
Step 3. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your modem or router.
Now you have set all up.
* If you follow all the steps still cannot get the internet please check the below troubleshooting. Or find us here.
Yes, our ethernet adapter does work with Samsung A7 (2017),
But the Internet speed would not reach 1Gbps because the smartphone's Type-C port only supports USB 2.0.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us.
Don't worry, please follow the below steps for self checking first.
1. Have you tried other ports on our adapter?
2. Have you tried other laptops on our adapter?
3. Reboot your laptop.
4. Try other Ethernet cables to see if it works.
5. For Mac user:
Please try to reset the System Management Controller.
For Windows user:
Check out Fix network connection issues in Windows 10 on the Microsoft website.
6. Please kindly try out the official Realtek driver.
If none of them can resolved you issue, please get in touch with us for a free replacement.